Do We Really Need Christmas Doctor Who? Plus: Pertwee’s Blue Plaque
Christmas Doctor Who is coming: but has it overstayed its welcome? Is the appearance of our favourite Time Lord on Christmas Day the televisual equivalent of an unwanted, chain smoking uncle, or even a specially knitted seasonal sweater?
While we retain optimism for The Return of Doctor Mysterio, we wonder whether or not it’s time to refresh Doctor Who‘s annual special and move it — or at least allow the viewer to take it seriously with a less inconsequential story.
- The Return of Doctor Mysterio preview with Moffat & Capaldi
- Doctor Who Magazine #505 cover
- Tony Jones outlines how he contributed Rulebook to the new Short Trips from Big Finish
- Writer earnings statistics
- Doctor Who regenerates into Mr Men
- Charlie Brooker turned down Doctor Who
- Steve Dillon 1962-2016 remembered by BeyondKasterborous
- Jon Pertwee honoured with a Blue Plaque