PodKast Doctor Who Teardown: Pertwee Season 7 vs Bouffant Years
Here’s a question for you: is Season 7 of Doctor Who better or worse than the rest of the Jon Pertwee era? We don’t know, but Christian Cawley and James McLean certainly had a good go at discussing it in this week’s podKast.
Other topics include a bunch of unglamorous weirdos picking of the Radio Times Audience Award BAFTA for Doctor Who‘s 50th anniversary episode The Day of the Doctor while the production team
suns itself works really hard filming in Lanzarote, some talk about David Tennant being described as the “quintessential Doctor” by show legend Terrance Dicks and speculation over the Series 8 start date.
Oh and we start off with the most unusual Kasterborous discussion yet. Believe us, we have no idea how we ended up doing that…
Kasterborous PodKast Series 4 Episode 15 Shownotes
- Doctor Who wins Radio Times Audience Award BAFTA
- Terrance Dicks describes David Tennant as “Quintessential Doctor”
- Doctor Who Quick Read: Made of Steel by Terrance Dicks
- Frank Skinner cast in Doctor Who
- Doctor Who Series 8 to kick off on August Bank Holiday?
- Classic Coronation Street on YouTube
- Kasterborous exclusive Humble Bundle Doctor Who comics competition (closes May 23rd 2014)
- The original Sarah Jane Smith, April Walker
- Recommendations: Harvest of Time by Alastair Reynolds, Asylum of the Daleks, Dinosaurs on a Spaceship, Prey episode 3 starring John Simm, Life on Mars, Ashes to Ashes, Doctor Who: Legacy, Verdigris by Paul Magrs
- Win IDW Doctor Who comics thanks to Humble Bundle
The Kasterborous PodKast theme tune is arranged by Russell Hugo. Gets better with every listen, doesn’t it?
Listen to the PodKast
There are several ways to listen. In addition to the usual player above, we’re pleased to announce that you can also stream the podKast using Stitcher, an award-winning, free mobile app available for Android and iPhone/iPad. This pretty much means that you can listen to us anywhere without downloading – pretty neat, we think you’ll agree! (Note that it can take a few hours after a new podKast is published to “catch up”.)
What’s more, you can now listen and subscribe to the podKast via our Audioboo channel! Head to http://audioboo.fm/channel/doctorwhopodkast and click play to start listening. You can also comment and record your own boos in response to our discussions! Meanwhile you can use the player below to listen through Audioboo:
You haven’t clicked play yet?! What are you waiting for? As well as our new Stitcher and Audioboo presence you can also use one of these amazingly convenient ways to download and enjoy this week’s podKast.
- Use the player in the top right of the Kasterborous home page, or visit the podKast menu link.
- Listen with the “pop out” player above, which also allows you to download the podKast to your computer.
- You can also take advantage of the RSS feed to subscribe to the podKast for your media player, and even find us on iTunes!